iPhone users have been experiencing a lot of issues when trying to use Outlook on their devices. The errors vary from Outlook emails not being accessible to the screen freezing during the log-in process. Understandably, iPhone users are looking for a way to fix Outlook mail not working on iPhone. There can be a lot of reasons behind such issues like a bad internet connection, outdated versions, and Microsoft servers being down. Let us take a look at some of the ways to fix the Outlook mail not
Fix Outlook Mail It’s Not Working on iPhone
Update The iOS
- You can go into your phone’s “Settings.”
- Go to “General,” then click on “Software Update.”
- If there’s an update to download, you can select “Download and install.”
- This will begin with the iOS upgrade process.
- Reset Network Settings following this procedure “Settings” (name) : “General” : “Reset” : “Reset Network Settings”
- This will reset the network settings and hopefully solve the issue.
- Hold your side button till the power-off slider is visible.
- Restart your iPhone and verify whether the issue is fixed.
Disable ‘Do Not Disturb’
- Tap to change settings.
- Select “Do Do Not Disturb” and then turn off the sound.
Check the Mail Settings
- “Settings”: [name] : “Account & Passwords”.
- Choose Outlook, after which click on the Email account tab.
- Make sure you have the correct settings.
- Additionally, you can select in addition the “No Limit” option in “Mail Days to”Sync” in the mail settings.
Re-Login To Outlook
- Go to “Settings” Then, enter [name] : “Account & Passwords”
- Choose the email address and hit “Delete Account.”
- Confirm delete account.
- Choose “Add Account”: “Outlook”
- Enter your email id and password to log in once more.
- The long-press Outlook icon of the app from the main screen.
- A delete icon will appear above it.
- Choose the option you want to use and confirm the deletion.
- Go to the App Store and then reinstall Outlook.